point to point tickets
Raildude - Dudes
Raildude at Facebook
Hostelworld

LUNÉA - France - Night train | SNCF

LUNÉA - France - Night train | SNCF

Postby Peter » 02 Jun 2008 - 21:30

LUNÉA | FRENCH night train | SNCF

The French national railway company SNCF offers a good night train network. The fares / supplements are cheap, the service good. In 2011 the French LUNÉA night trains were renamed to "ICN" (Intercités de nuit).

Sometimes you get even cheaper reservations, but these are the average prices.
This are the reservation fees for Rail Pass travelers.

Sleeping seats (sleeperette): EUR 2

Couchette (4 or 6 beds per compartment): EUR 20

Booking information given by the Intercités de Nuit website:

Nos réponses à vos questions sur votre voyage avec votre carte de réduction ou Pass Interrail :
Q : Je possède un Pass Interrail, existe-t-il un supplément pour voyager à bord de Lunéa ?
R : Pour les possesseurs de Pass Interrail, un supplément forfaitaire est appliqué en fonction de la classe de confort choisie.
Sièges inclinables : 6€, Couchettes 2nde classe : 17.50€, Couchettes 1ère classe : 20€. Prix au 01/01/08.

org-lunea.voyages-sncf.com/lunea/la_foire_aux_questions_lunea

It says that you only need the normal "supplément forfaitaire" ( = Abo Forfait 2e ) reservation.

:arrow: List of all French night trains: http://www.raildude.com/en/france/night ... country/fr

:idea: Only reservations for Rail Pass travellers (Interrail and Eurail)

1) Directly at the Raildude shop - free delivery is possible: http://res.raildude.com

2) http://sncf.raildude.com

:idea: Point to point ticket booking

1) http://sncf.raildude.com

Update: Jun 2012
Peter
Raildude

BOOKING.COM - Book online
Good hotels for the whole of Europe. Book easily and quickly in advance. Including ratings of each location.
Book online
Book online
Book online

Postby dmirstek » 01 Jul 2008 - 15:08

Special offer: sleeperette seats bought in Germany - only 4 EUR :)
dmirstek

Postby Hetman » 13 Jan 2009 - 01:23

sleeperette seats are even for 2 euro.
Hetman

Re: Corail Lunéa - SNCF night train in France

Postby stfontes » 28 Mar 2009 - 06:09

Are those the prices for any connections?

Also, do we make the reservations on that website? I couldn't find anything about the Inter Rail there...
stfontes

Postby Peter » 28 Mar 2009 - 09:17

yes... it is the same for all Corail connections within France. the distance doesn't matter.
you can't book it via their website, as there is no special InterRail discount to chose.
it is always the same ... travelling by a Railpass means you have to buy your reservations in most cases at a station. :|
Peter
Raildude

Postby Hetman » 28 Mar 2009 - 12:38

if you are not in France, the best way to make reservation is call to DB. they make reservations on all europeans train and if you are not in Germany they will send you ticket in 3 days for 3,5 euro. - sometimes is problem with english but, i hope, you will not :wink:
reservation-supplement-europe-train-t1561.html
Hetman

Postby stfontes » 28 Mar 2009 - 12:39

Can't I make reservations at the train stations?
stfontes

Postby Peter » 28 Mar 2009 - 14:21

of course you can also make it at stations...
Peter
Raildude

Postby Hetman » 28 Mar 2009 - 16:28

depends on country! i couldn't make reservation 4 weeks before in spain!
Hetman

Postby Peter » 29 Mar 2009 - 20:10

that's right ...! :)
for reservations long time in advance, it is better to do it either by phone or in the country the train leaves at a station... :)
Peter
Raildude

Postby zeetha » 06 May 2009 - 15:50

Does anyone:konw if there is a night train between Nice and Bordeaux?

According to the map on the Corail Lunea website there is supposed to be one leaving Nice at 20.57 and arriving in Bordeaux at 08:10. But when I search for it on http://bahn.raildude.com or try to reserve tickets on corails website that depature is nowhere to be found.
zeetha

Postby Peter » 06 May 2009 - 16:37

maybe the train is only running every second day - or the timetables for the summer aren't up to date right now ...?!? then you have to ba patient a little bit. Peter :)
Peter
Raildude

Postby zeetha » 07 May 2009 - 21:46

thanks! I found the connection in May so it's probably the summer time table thing then..
zeetha

Postby bluepaw » 03 Jun 2009 - 20:11

waht are the 2009 prices for this train?
bluepaw

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2009 - 18:35

the same! if there are changes, we do an update automatically.
Peter
Raildude

Postby bluepaw » 04 Jun 2009 - 19:19

in their site as i can't understand french there are some things written like 20 euro. what are they?
bluepaw

Postby Petra » 04 Jun 2009 - 19:32

You mean the prices in some kind of a cloud? :) It says you get a sleeping seat from 20€ onwards - it's a Prem ticket, so you have to reserve as soon as possible because it's a special offer with limited places. But has nothing to do with interrail.
Petra

Postby bluepaw » 04 Jun 2009 - 19:46

in Peter's first post it writes a seat is 6 Euro. which price is the true one?

the one with 20 euro or 6 euro?
bluepaw

Postby Petra » 04 Jun 2009 - 19:53

Yeah, I told you it has nothing to do with interrail... it's a normal ticket, I just told you what it says since you wanted to know. I don't think they have interrail fares on their page and surely you can rely on the prices Peter has given in the first post.
Petra

Postby bluepaw » 04 Jun 2009 - 19:57

i'm sorry for my second post :D thanks for your answers
bluepaw

Re: CORAIL LUNÉA | FRENCH night train | SNCF

Postby mihce_slo » 22 Sep 2009 - 17:07

I got a ticket for the seat on the Lunea train for 1,50€ but I bought it a few days in advance :wink: . But I wasn't able to sleep on the train much but it was really cheap.
mihce_slo
standard

Postby Peter » 23 Sep 2009 - 08:43

good to know ... the price really seems to depend on the time and how many seats are still free. :)
but the 1,50 EUR was for a seat?!
Peter
Raildude

Postby mihce_slo » 03 Oct 2009 - 17:57

Yes for the sleeping seat
mihce_slo
standard

CORAIL LUNÉA | FRENCH night train | SNCF

Postby jambodavid » 15 Jan 2010 - 21:55

Does this sleeper only travel in the direction of Paris to Port Bou? Ive tried to find a sleeper going in the opposite direction but can't find anything. Where does the train go after it reaches port bou if it doesn't return the way it came?

Cheers
David
jambodavid

Postby flow » 15 Jan 2010 - 22:00

It runs from Cerbère only.

At the French-Spanish borders (Hendaye - Irun and Cerbère - Port Bou) part of the trains end at the other's country border station but start from their own country's station.

Flo 8)
flow
Raildude

Postby jambodavid » 15 Jan 2010 - 22:06

Ah okay, thanks very much. And wow that was a quick reply :D
jambodavid

Postby farazjawaid » 26 Apr 2010 - 00:11

Hi,
I want to go from Paris to Madrid with an interrail pass I tried to find the cheapest way to do that with the interrail pass and how to reserve the train but unfortunately it didn't really worked I went to corail lunea website and tried there but the price came out to be 90 something euro and I dont know how to select Interrail discount on this train can somebody explain me step by step how to do that we are three persons and two of us are under 25 while one of us is above 25 I dont wish to pay more that 5-10 euros on supplements and it would be very kind of you to explain me the process travel dates would be from 5 june to 15 june

another humble request would be to guide me "if possible" for anyone of the experienced guys out there I want to travel from Amsterdam to Brussels to Paris to Madrid to Cordoba to Granada to Barcelona to Marsiella to Venice and Rome and I want to do this journey in 7-10 days firstly is it possible in such a short time? and secondly how can I book the trains and how to avoid trains with supplements where ever it is possible. I am sorry as I believe these questions must have been answered in one way or the other but I wish if somebody could guide me with the above mentioned trip

Thanks and kind regards
Faraz
farazjawaid

Postby flow » 26 Apr 2010 - 00:31

Hi Faraz!

Unfortunately there is no official way to get the InterRail reservations for SNCF trains online. However, there is a "not 100% official way" described here: tgv-reservation-peak-period-t2344.html Note - you should be able to use this way described by sidhamo2 in the link as well for the Lunéa trains, but only for a reclining seats.

To get your "offical reservation" (and this is what I recommend) you will have to go to a bigger rail station on mainland europe where you will get it at a staffed counter. That's possible at all SNCF stations but at many stations in other countries as well.
The price of the reservations is mentioned in the first post of this topic.

Regarding your route: That's certainly not possible in ten or even seven days - I'd recommend at least two weeks for such a trip - but even then it probably wont be as fun as it could be. More stressful that you'd want it to be... ;) If you want further information on that please open a new post in the "Travel routes" section. Thanks.

Flo 8)
flow
Raildude

Postby farazjawaid » 26 Apr 2010 - 01:12

Dear Flo,
Thank you very much for your kind reply that was really fast and your services are really commendable :) and yes you are right will become very stressful in such a short period I went to 4 cities last year flying ryanair all the time but still took me 5 days and stupendously sleeping for 24 hours after I returned lol 8)

Thanks and regards
faraz
farazjawaid

Postby Peter » 14 Jun 2010 - 16:55

UPDATE

I found at the FAQ of the Corail Lunea website this information:

Q : Je possède un Pass Interrail, existe-t-il un supplément pour voyager à bord de Lunéa ?
R : Pour les possesseurs de Pass Interrail, un supplément forfaitaire est appliqué en fonction de la classe de confort choisie.

http://lunea.voyages-sncf.com/lunea/La_foire_aux_questions_lunea

So it seems that you do NOT NEED a special kind of InterRail reservation, the normal "supplément forfaitaire" option should be fine as well - and it is the official way.
Visit the website voyages-sncf.com and buy your ticket choosing the option "Abo Forfait 2e".

Seat is: EUR 1,50
Couchette is: EUR 17,50

I will check if this is now as well the official way for TGV trains: tgv-reservation-peak-period-t2344.html

Peter :)
Peter
Raildude

Next

Return to France