Train tickets
ITALY
TRENITALIA
Point to point tickets
point to point tickets
Raildude - Dudes
Raildude at Facebook
Hostelworld
Image Information about the InterRail Pass. Travel Europe by train with only one rail pass. General questions and answers concerning rail travel by Interrail. Interrail is valid only for European residents.

Nice - Paris - London

Nice - Paris - London

Postby MaffyG » 27 Jul 2011 - 18:45

Hey,

I need to leave Europe on the 30th and make my way back to London. I will be in Nice on the morning of the 30th - what is my best plan of action? I spoke to the train station in Paris and they told me to take the TGV (I think that's what it's called) to Paris (reservation fee - €18) and then the Eurostar to London (reservation fee - €85.) This seems hugely expensive - is there any other way? Can I take a train to some northern part of France and then a pain-stakingly slow bus to London that evening and arrive in England on the 31st? I presume I can use the pass on the night of the 30th as transport is valid up until that point? If anyone has any ideas (that are grounded I'm fact!) to help me back in the cheapest manner possible that would be great.

Thank you so much,

Matt
MaffyG

BOOKING.COM - Book online
Good hotels for the whole of Europe. Book easily and quickly in advance. Including ratings of each location.
Book online
Book online
Book online

Getting Home! HELP!

Postby Hetman » 27 Jul 2011 - 19:00

http://www.raildude.com/en/train-connec ... kingdom/70

your pass is valid up to 23:59 of the day indicated as the last day of the pass validity
Hetman

Getting Home! HELP!

Postby Aloria » 27 Jul 2011 - 22:09

You may catch a TGV from Nice to Paris and then a Corail (I don't think those need reservation) to Le Havre from where you can catch a ferry to england. I have no idea how much those ferries cost, when they leave of where they'll get you though. But I know a friend of mine reached London this way last year ...
Aloria
standard

Nice - Paris - London

Postby Peter » 01 Aug 2011 - 15:39

Hi.
Nice - Paris by direct night train: http://www.raildude.com/en/interrail-tr ... /france/67

And then think about using a cheap bus to London. Much cheaper than the reservation fee for the EUROSTAR train:
http://www.raildude.com/en/interrail-tr ... kingdom/70

You can use the bus even if your Interrail pass already ended - for example stay some more days in Paris then.

Peter :)
Peter
Raildude

Return to InterRail Pass