point to point tickets
Raildude - Dudes
Raildude at Facebook
Hostelworld

PARIS - ISTANBUL - train

PARIS - ISTANBUL - train

Postby Peter » 16 Jul 2012 - 21:31

From PARIS to ISTANBUL by train.
Information for Interrail, Eurail travellers and persons with normal train ticket travelling the route Paris (France) to Istanbul (Turkey).

Train connection from Paris to Istanbul. The journey will take several days, but is easy to do with only some changes. First buy a special price ticket from Paris to Germany (information see bellow). Then from you stop in Germany to the next one - it depends on your route. Example: Paris - Munich, Munich to Budapest.
From Budapest you can continue by a special price of MAV (mav-start.hu) to Belgrade: EUR 15
From Belgrade (buy the ticket there at the railway station) by direct train to Istanbul: couchettes starting from EUR 65.

More information at Raildude.
Paris - Istanbul: http://www.raildude.com/en/train-connec ... turkey/298
Istanbul - Paris: http://www.raildude.com/en/train-connec ... france/299

:idea: Book your official online-ticket for this route directly in the Raildude-Bahn shop (including special price tickets and specials like "Europe Special"):
http://bahn.raildude.com
The price for you is the same like at DB. But you directly support the Raildude project with your purchase. Thank you!

Update: Sep 2013
Peter
Raildude

PARIS - ISTANBUL - train

Postby mikhand » 24 Sep 2012 - 18:48

Hello,

I am new in this forum and I'm planning an interrail with my wife from Paris to Istanbul (via Bucharest), imitating the great voyages to Constantinople of old European trains. Our idea is to buy the Global Pass 5/10 for second class travel in November.

Itinerary.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE DAY JOURNEY - 2nd class TIME DEPART TIME ARRIVE TRAVEL TIME
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19-nov-12 Monday PARIS - MUNICH 20:05 07:10 (+1) 11:05 h
Paris depart (G.de l'Est) train "Cassiopeia"
sleeping-car 2 bed compartments
20-nov-12 Tuesday MUNICH - SALZBURG 8:48 10:42 1:54 h
Munich depart
NIGHT IN SALZBURG. 25 h
21-nov-12 Wednesd SALZBURGO - BUDAPEST 11:01 16:49 5:48 h
Salzburg depart - arrive Budapest Keleti

BUDAPEST - BRASOV 19:10 8:19 (+1) 13h
Wednesd Budapest depart (Keleti) train "Ister" EN473
22-nov-12 Thursday NIGHT IN BRASOV 24h
23-nov-12 Friday BRASOV - BUCAREST 8:27 11:00 02:30h
Brasov depart

BUCAREST - ISTANBUL 13:00 7:05 (+1) 18 h
Bucarest depart (Bucarest Nord)
train IR461¿?
(Kapikule to Istanbul by bus)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By rule of 7:00 p.m., the trip would have five days of travel to these sections corresponding Paris, Salzburg, Salzburg - Budapest, Budapest - Brasov, Brasov - somewhere in Bulgaria until 24:00 on the 23rd, from 00:00 on day 24 until 7:05 in Istanbul. Is that correct?

As I've read on this site, prices for night trains in bed sleeping-car 2 second class compartments would be approximately:

PARIS - MUNICH: 70 € per person
BUDAPEST - BRASOV: 42 € per person
BUCHAREST - ISTANBUL: 33 € per person

I have read a lot about Interrail, but I have many doubts.

1 - It is possible to travel with an overall pass in second class compartments of two beds in these trains?
2 - I live in Spain, where I can book in advance overnight trains?. I can not book any website.
3 - My partner and I can travel in the same compartment with two beds?

Thanks in advance
Mikhand
mikhand
standard

PARIS - ISTANBUL - train

Postby mikhand » 24 Sep 2012 - 18:50

Sorry, the route has moved :(
mikhand
standard

Return to France