point to point tickets
Raildude - Dudes
Raildude at Facebook
Hostelworld

Petit Train Jaune - Pyrénées

Postby kamikatze » 07 Jun 2009 - 17:33

hey guys,

we want to go with the "petit train jaune" from perpignan to barcelona, because we have been told that this train is very cool as it goes down the pyrenäes without a roof.
but (don't call me stupid) i really have some problems finding out the train schedules (and i'm confused by the other entries concerning this train too.)
so my questions:
1.when we want to go to barcelona, have we got to take the train from Latour de Carol-Enveitg or from Perpignan?? Or have we got to change in any of these villages?? It doesn't really matter from where we take the train, because we are staying in port bou the night before.
2. Where can we find the website with the train schedules? i'm really confused by the train/bus schedule i found because we don't want to go by bus...

thanks for your help:)
kamikatze

Postby Peter » 07 Jun 2009 - 18:59

For train schedules in France use this link:
http://www.raildude.com/en/france/inter ... ections/fr

Le Petit Train Jaune - Pyrénées

Station at the top of the Pyrenees: Latour de Carol-Enveitg
http://www.raildude.com/en/latour-de-ca ... ty/l/10369

Station close to the sea: Villefranche Vernet les Bains
http://www.raildude.com/en/villefranche ... ty/l/10424

From Latour de Carol, use a free Regional train down to Barcelona - direct train connection!

The Spanish website for these connections is: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias ... index.html

Peter :)
Peter
Raildude

Re: petit train jaune

Postby kamikatze » 07 Jun 2009 - 19:16

so the "petit jaune train" is out of use this summer???
kamikatze

Re: petit train jaune

Postby flow » 07 Jun 2009 - 19:22

Nope. Le Petit Train Jaune is narrow gauge and runs only between Villefranche and Latour de Carol. At Villefranche there are normal gauge SNCF connections to Perpignan, at Latour de Carol to Toulouse and RENFE broad gauge to Barcelona.
flow
Raildude

Postby tj0ckis » 07 Aug 2010 - 14:38

Hello, Peter? :)
When I had questions about a trip from Paris to Barcelona in august, you suggested the Pyrenees route departing from Prepignan (after the Corail luna night train) so we could enjoy the Petit train jaune :)
Anyway, when I went on the Route Planner to check what station in Barcelona the train from Latour de Carol would arrive at, it told me that I had to go back the very same way I came from (Latour de Carol - Villafranche.. - Prepignan - Barcelona). This made me a bit confused, since there is a marked track on the railway map directly between Latour de Carol and Barcelona, but it doesn't show in the Route Planner?
I checked the links you gave me to the spanish webistes, the problem is that i don't know any spanish and i couldn't see a "english"-button :P

Is there a train or bus for sure between Latour de Carol and Barcelona (that doesn't take 9:23h :) )? What station in barcelona will I arrive on? Are the timetables correct as mentioned in paris-pyrenees-barcelona-le-petit-tain-jaune-t4023.html ??
Sorry for the hassle!!

...and thanks in advance :D
/ Kim
tj0ckis

Postby Peter » 07 Aug 2010 - 15:16

Hi Kim.

The station in Barcelona where you will arrive is called: BARCELONA SANT ANDREU ARENAL
The connections are not shown in the route planer, as it is a Regional line (a bit different in Spain).

Read these two topics on how to find out the schedules - at one topic the times are even listed:
paris-pyrenees-barcelona-le-petit-tain-jaune-t4023.html
petit-train-jaune-latour-de-carol-t1343.html

Peter :)
Peter
Raildude

Postby tj0ckis » 07 Aug 2010 - 15:30

Thanks a lot Peter! I saw the time schedules, but i just got worried that they maybe were "out of date" since i couldn't see the route in the Route Planner :)
Sorry for the hassle, and once again - thanks for the amazingly quick reply! :D :D

/ Kim
tj0ckis

Return to France